Registration: Dec. 25, 2018-Jan.7th, 2019
Late registration: Jan. 8th-14th, 2019
Machane Shachbag is the only event of the year where all Shachbag, from 22 shvatim, ~1,000 chanichim, from around the US and Canada, get together. This is a very special event, and the peak of the year for grades 9 thru 12! This year, like last, the machane will be split into two parts:
- Machane Shachbag (grades 10 – 12 / current Shachbag) will take place at Camp Ramah in Ojai, CA (about 1.5-2 hours North of Los Angeles)
- Machane Tet (Grade 9) will take place at Camp JCA Shalom in Malibu, California. (About 1.5 hours North of Los Angeles and 1 hour from Ojai). Machane Tet is dedicated to preparing the chanichim for their entry to the Shachbag next year, and the various roles that they may take on.
A few important points:
- All participants are expected to maintain good and respectable behavior at the camp. As such, each participant will be required to sign a Code of Ethics Agreement. Any deviation from the Code of Ethics, will result in suspension from the camp. Early dismissal costs will be the responsibility of the participant’s family.
- Per Shevet Galim bylaws and the Shevet Galim Membership Agreement, chanichim that have an attendance below 75% are not eligible to take part in the camp. Anyone who is at or around 75% attendance, will be reevaluated 2 weeks prior to the camp. Should participation not be above 75% – participation will be cancelled.
- When: Feb. 14 – Feb. 18 (4 nights)
- Departure: From the Shevet only Thursday afternoon, Feb. 14th at 2:00PM (dressed in Khaki)
The departure time is the same as last few years, as a lesson learned from the past. In the past, the trip was long and difficult on the chanichim, and we want to prevent sitting in traffic for 7 hours!
- Return: To the Shevet on Monday, Feb. 18, afternoon. (We will share exact time from the way.)
Pickup will be from the regular pickup and drop off location.
- Meals: All meals are Israeli style Kosher
- School Absence: Since the children will be absent from school on Friday – here is a letter from the Hanhaga explaining their absence:
(Although, some schools prefer that you inform them of a health related absence!)
Things to pack:
(Lodging: cabins, bunk beds with mattress)
- Full Khaki Uniform
- Warm clothes for 4 days and 4 nights (emphasis on blue and yellow)
- Closed Shoes
- Extra socks
- Sleeping bag
- Shower supplies including toothbrush/toothpaste
- A towel
- Reusable water bottle
Please label all items, and please do not bring electronics or valuables.
* Shevet Galim is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Cost per camper: $420 (Dec. 25-Jan. 7th)
Late registration per camper: $480 (Jan. 8-14th)
This cost is subsidized by the hanhaga and Shevet Galim and covers transportation, equipment for activities, ceremonies etc., staff training, multiple full-time nurses, emergency vehicles, communication, hospitality and meals for four days.
Registration and Payment:
- Completion of the online Registration
- Completion of the payment for camp
- Acceptance of the Code of Ethics Agreement (part of the registration process)
Anyone not registered by the registration cutoff date will not be able to partake in the machane. Please register on time.