Last Day to Register: January 21th, 2018
Machane Shachbag is the only event of the year where all Shachbag, from 22 shvatim, 970 chanichim, around the US and Canada, get together. This is a very special event, and the peak of the year for grades 9 thru 12! This year, like last, the machane will be split into two parts:
- Machane Shachbag (grades 10 – 12 / current Shachbag) will take place at Camp Ramah in Ojai, CA (about 1.5-2 hours North of Los Angeles)
- Machane Tet (Grade 9) will take place at Camp JCA Shalom in Malibu, California. (About 1.5 hours North of Los Angeles and 1 hour from Ojai). Machane Tet is dedicated to preparing the chanichim for their entry to the Shachbag next year, and the various roles that they may take on.
A few important points:
- All participants are expected to maintain good and respectable behavior at the camp. As such, each participant will be required to sign a Code of Ethics Agreement. Any deviation from the Code of Ethics, will unfortunately result in suspension from the camp. (Early dismissal costs will be the responsibility of the participant’s family.)
- Per Shevet Galim bylaws and membership agreement, chanichim that have an attendance below 75% are not eligible to take part in the camp.
- When: Feb. 15 – Feb. 19 (4 nights)
- Departure: From the Shevet only Thursday afternoon, Feb. 15th at 2:00PM (dressed in Khaki)
The departure time is the same as last year as a lesson learned from the past. In the past, the trip was long and difficult on the chanichim, and we want to prevent sitting in traffic for 7 hours.
- Return: To the Shevet on Monday, Feb. 19, afternoon. (We will share exact time from the way.)
Pickup will be from the regular pickup and drop off location.
- Meals: All meals are Israeli style Kosher
Things to pack:
(Lodging: cabins, bunk beds with mattress)
- Full Khaki Uniform
- Warm clothes for 4 days and 4 nights (emphasis on blue and yellow)
- Closed Shoes
- Extra socks
- Sleeping bag
- Shower supplies including toothbrush/toothpaste
- A towel
- Reusable water bottle
Please label all items, and please do not bring electronics or valuables.
* Shevet Galim is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Cost per camper: TBD
This cost is subsidized by the hanhaga and Shevet Galim and covers transportation, equipment for activities, ceremonies etc., staff training, multiple full-time nurses, emergency vehicles, communication, hospitality and meals for four days.
- All chanichim and their parents must read and sign the Code of Ethics Agreement that will be shared at the Parents Meeting on Sunday, January 21nd. The meeting will take place at 4PM in the Ulam at the SJDA. Your participation is required.
Registration and Payment:
Important: Registration, payment and submission of the signed Code of Ethics Agreement must be completed by midnight of January 21th, 2017.
- Completion of the online Registration
- Completion of the payment for camp
- Completion and return of the Code of Ethics Agreement
There will be no late registration. Anyone not registered by the registration cutoff date will not be able to partake in the machane. Please register on time.
Registration will open in early January, 2018