Machane Horef is the first major camp out for the year. At this camp, members of Shevet Galim come together for two wintery days of fun. Chanichim will take part in exciting activities, experience the outdoors, and have an amazing time bonding with their friends.
Camper are provided cabins, yummy meals and hot coco (a hit for many), as well as many attractions, like climbing wall, archery and more.
In the months leading up to the camp, a theme will be selected and the shachbag will prepare theme-related peulot that will be conducted during the course of the camp.
Machane Horef is the first camp out for all tzofim (3rd – 12th grade). The children return from Camp, full of excitement, memorable experiences and new friends!
Lodging will be in cabins, and each bunk is equipped with a mattress. All meals are “Israeli style Kosher”. (No meat and milk at the same meal and either chicken or fish will be served. Vegetarian options will be available.)
- We will need 2-3 parents to join the shachbag for Friday overnight and bring some madrichim back to the shevet on Saturday morning so they will welcome chanichim at the shevet and join the bus ride to camp.
- The ratio of volunteers to campers for Saturday and Sunday will be limited to 1:20.
- We would like a licensed doctor/nurse/medic to be among the chaperons.
- Signing up as a volunteer will not guarantee participation. Prioritization will be based on the terms set forth in the Shevet Galim Membership Agreement.
- Please sign up to volunteer as chaperon @ https://www.shevetgalim.com/volunteer
Things to pack:
- Clothes for 2 nights, including warm clothes (please check weather, machane is in-land and it is likely to be cold)
- A White shirt for Kabbalat Shabbat and/or Havdalah
- Extra socks
- Flip flops or other shoes for showers
- Walking shoes (must be closed shoes)
- Warm hat and gloves for this night
- Cap / Hat
- Water and reusable water bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Warm sleeping bag and an extra blanket (the temp. may go down to about 40 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Shower supplies including toothbrush/toothpaste
- Snacks to share with group (optional)
Shevet Galim is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Please label all items, and do not bring electronics or valuables.
- שק שינה חם ושמיכה
- מברשת ומשחת שיניים (מגבת וכלי רחצה)
שבט גלים אינה אחראית לפריטים אבודים או גנובים.
אנא תייג את כל הפריטים, ואל תביא אלקטרוניקה או חפצי ערך.