Last Modified: July 2nd, 2017
All tzofim (scouts), Shachbag members (grades 10-12), Chanicim (grades 3-9), Tzofkatim (grade 2), and trial members must follow the code of conduct and act respectfully.
Attitude and Behavior
I understand that my attitude and behavior are critical to the success of Shevet Galim. I acknowledge that I share responsibility for the shevet activities and I agree to abide by the following:
- I will be sensitive to the needs of each group (shevet, troop) member.
- I will follow all directions promptly and respectfully and I will not disturb others.
- I will respect the people and places with whom I come in contact at all times.
- I will not physically, verbally or harm others, in person or online, and I will not use abusive or profane language. (Including hitting, spitting, and verbal and written names calling)
- I understand that the use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs will not be tolerated, and that usage of such substances during any activity will result in expulsion from the activity.
- I will treat all resources provided for use with care. I understand that I will be assessed damages to any equipment in the event that my use of such equipment is negligent or abusive.
- I will use all required safety equipment and follow safety rules and procedures.
- I will respect the personal equipment and property of others.
- I will be responsible for my personal belongings and equipment and I will not hold my troop / group or the Israeli Scouts of San Diego responsible for loss or damage due to my own negligence or neglect.
- I understand that if I am sent home early from a meeting or activity due to any serious misconduct, it will be at my parent or guardian’s expense.
Therefore, the following actions will be implemented in all cases where any child behaves inappropriately and/or physically harms another:
- First Misconduct:
The child will be given a warning by his/her madrich regarding his/her disruptive behavior and he/she will be removed from the group and the activity for a short cooling period.
- Second Misconduct:
The child will be removed from the group and the activity for a short cooling period and the parents will be informed of possible future disciplinary actions.
- Third Misconduct:
The child will be permanently removed from the program for the remainder of the day. The parent, or other emergency contact, will be contacted and will be required to pick-up the child immediately.
- Any Additional Misconduct:
The parents will be contacted and the child will be suspended from the program unless his/her parents accompany him/her to the next activity. The children should be aware that they will be held responsible for their actions and that inappropriate behavior is never acceptable in our program.
The full Khaki uniform consists of:
- An official Khaki Israeli Scout shirt w/insignia & patches (flag, Shevet Symbol, etc.)
- Khaki pants (Target/Wal-Mart/Kohls/Lakesend etc.) – No skirts
Short pant must be the appropriate length. All shorts must be knuckle length with the arms extended naturally at the side. (mid-thigh)
- Tie / Neckerchief (aniva) – which will be received at the end of the Tiyul Anivot.
(no purchase necessary)
Please help us in our efforts to make Shevet Galim – Israel Scouts of San Diego a safe and fun place for all children.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting the Merakez Shevet, Rosh Shevet or any member of Va’ad Ha-Horim.